Sunday, December 26, 2010

Happy Holidays to all




Well, I will soon be switching over to a wordpress blog site (www.grantcooley.com) but will continue to post here for a bit as that gets underway. I have been doing a lot of preparation for the coming year and for the next 5 or 6 paintings. I think I have some very exciting things coming down the pipe and think you guys will enjoy them. Rather than get into all that right now, I thought I would toss you guys an interesting quote from one of my favorite holiday books, the Hogfather. Not exactly the holiday spirit, but a motivational tool nonetheless. Just in case I don't hop on here this next week, it has been an honor to share 2010 with you guys. It will be fun to look back on this archive and compare it to what will then be the future. I hope you guys will be there with me to do so. Be warm, be safe and be yourselves. Happy new Year!



"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape...You have to start out learning to believe the little lies."

"So we can believe the big ones?

"Yes. Justice. Mercy. Duty. That sort of thing."

"They're not the same at all!"

"You think so? Then take the universe and grind it down to the finest powder and sieve it through the finest sieve and then show me one atom of justice, one molecule of mercy."

"Yes, but people have got to believe that, or what's the point--"

"My point exactly...You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?""

--Terry Pratchett

No comments:

Post a Comment