Friday, April 2, 2010

So what's up?

Hello everybody! I know it has been a bit. I took a few weeks off from painting to get my booth and presentation materials together for my first convention of the year. That is right: Grant Cooley visited Planet Comicon as an attending artist! I did character portraits, original sketches and sold quite a few prints. If I had been able to sell prints of my Superman piece I would have killed. As it is, I did alright and learned a lot. ConGlomeration is in just a week and I am really looking forward to that one. Here's to hopefully selling an original! Anyways, I think that is it for now. I am going to post up shots from the con, some ongoing shots from my new Hellboy/BPRD series, and some of the tons of sketches I have done in the past month. Just because I wasn't painting doesn't mean I didn't stay busy. (triple negative=75pts).

So last month's lesson: Do what you can when you can, and your time isn't wasted. Trying to force your will on the universe makes the universe want to punch you...and it will.

I'll send out more thoughts and photos soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment